Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random thoughts

Today was hard. While I woke up in a good place and in a good mood, now at the end of the day, I am tired, feeling beat up. As part of our Halloween celebration, we did Karaoke. It was fun but alot of stimulation. Extra work to be done, plus just extra bodies as more clients come in at the end of the month. I know my current emotional state is related to fatigue. I am asking what level of ministry is sustainable for me, and how does it need to look. This weekend is a bit crazy. Tonight was karaoke, tomorrow we are hosting our neighborhood Fall festival, and Sat is Day of the Dead celebration. While all of these are good, they demand energy I don't necessarily have. Looking back it will be worth the work, but I am defnitely needing to make sure I do self-care. In addition, I am preparing for my annual review with the Committee on Preparation on Ministry (CPM). This means lots of writing answering questions about my last year, sharing where I am and how have I grown. On Sunday, I am finding a coffee shop and finishing these questions. I have already started thankfully, but still have two of the deeper questions to answer. I agree reflection is important, but as I wrestle with questions that will affect my view of God and interptation of Scripture, I am finding that is where I am investing my reflection energies. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

PLC.Doctor said...

Mary, I just want you to know that I think what you are doing is very important and is helping to spread God's Word. Please know that Joann and I look forward to reading your posts and will keep you in our prayers.