Friday, September 5, 2008

In speaking with Matthew (site director) today, I am going to be placed in an agency that works with homeless youth called My friend's place. I actually had a choice between this agency and Young Life. I feel that my friend's place will challenge me more not only emotionally but spiritually as well. While I have participated in street ministry before, it is never the same and it never stops breaking your heart. My challenge will be processing my experiences as well as sharing them, with both you and with my housemates. I tend to process internally first and then share. Sharing my thoughts and emotions as I am feeling them will be a stretch, but a good one. If you would like to find out more about my agency please visit the website www.myfriendsplace.org
Peace

No comments: